Senior Graphic Designer
Want to create something meaningful? This is your chance.
Verily is currently looking for a full-time, senior-level graphic designer to join our positive lifestyle editorial team. We’re a small, passionate, and entrepreneurial team, which means you’ll have influence over every touch point our brand has, either through hands-on creation or creative oversight.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated graphic designer who can create compelling visuals to bring our written content to life, research and commission photography and illustrations, and create print collateral for media campaigns and events. We’re looking for a candidate with vision: Someone who can see what needs to exist and then can roll up her sleeves and bring it to life – all without being asked.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours/wk) based in New York City.
- Generate and execute ideas for visuals to complement editorial content across all channels, from website article imagery to social media graphics
- Create headers, infographics, type treatments, collages, and various other design projects
- Research, select, and edit photographs
- Plan and manage sourcing of visual assets, from photography and artists sourcing to creation of mixed media art and illustration
- Optimize, organize, and prepare files for web
- Maintain and build network of creative contacts for photography and art usage
- Creation of initial one-off website designs for advertising campaigns and pitches
- Creation of digital and print collateral for sales team, media outreach and events
- Entrepreneurial/self-starter: The candidate will receive orientation training by an art director for the first week, then will be expected to work independently without mentorship. Having a proactive, problem-solving attitude will go a long way!
- In-depth proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite: Highly proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator with a working knowledge of InDesign
- Must have photography skills and be able to show a body of work along with application. Experience with styling lifestyle shoots for small in-house shoots a plus.
- Experience with and a driving interest in social media, especially Instagram and Pinterest
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. You’ll be working alongside section editors to create visuals that enhance their editorial vision, working with our marketing strategists to communicate the brand visually, and looking for new opportunities to drive the publication forward, so great communication is a must.
- Ability to design (or direct) UI work and communicate with developers
- 3+ years of experience, with at least 1 working in digital, preferred
Please submit a) your resume, b) a link to your online portfolio, and c) either a link to your photography portfolio or 7-10 select photography pieces that you think are on-brand for Verily. Applications are due by July 25, 2017.
Verily is a women’s fashion and lifestyle website that’s “less of who you should be, more of who you are.” We create inspirational lifestyle content that touches every facet of women’s lives: real fashion & beauty, relationships, healthy living, and popular culture. We challenge popular narratives and inspire our readers to be the best versions of themselves.